FYI

  I don't know if this is helpful to anyone, but this is a problem that I ran in to while setting up my LDAP.  Our mail server is running MDaemon on NT4.  I wanted to pull the userlist and move that to the LDAP server. I've discovered that if you create an LDIF format in a MS Windows environment, it doesn't not supply the correct carriage return (ASCII 10) and instead uses other commands as a linefeed.  Just wanted to share this in case someone needed to set up something in the future.  If you're using MDaemon I have a Visual Basic program that will automatically parse your userlist.dat file and output the correct dn, cn, sn & email tags using the correct CR/LF.

Jason McCormick
MIS Department
Instron / SATEC Systems
1-724-458-9610 x251