Re: SHA Authentication

 Wed, Jan 06, 1999 at 12:25:22PM -0500, Dave wrote:
> Jon Parry-McCulloch wrote:
>
> >         Um, this isn't making sense to me. The password is sent in plaintext
> > frm where? Not the client, surely.
>
> Where else?  This is just one more reason why SSL/TLS will be so useful. Until
> then, you could shuttle your remote connections through SSH.

Hello
	I'm using stunnel to create ssl connections from Netscape clients
to our ldap servers:

http://mike.daewoo.com.pl/computer/stunnel/

	a more generic aproach would use bjorb both on client and server
to make SSL connections for any clients but it is not as "user friendly"
as netscape/stunnel.

http://www.hitachi-ms.co.jp/bjorb/en/

Pedro