SHA Authentication

Greetings,

I think I may have discovered a small problem with the OpenLDAP SSHA
authentication.

Now, as far as I understand it, you have a password and a salt. You
concatenate these, hash them together, append the original salt, and then
sned the whole shebang, base 64 encoded to the LDAP server. The LDAP server
can then un-base 64 it and retrieve the salt and the hash. it can then
retrieve the plain password from the database, append the salt and recreate
the hash.

Now, am I wrong in assuming that OpenLDAP1.1.2 supports only the SHA form
and not the SSHA form? If so, are there any plans to include the SSHA form
soon?

Jon