RE: Newbie with a base suffix searching problem

I'm happy (although not keen) to make the necessary modifications to
pam_ldap and nss_ldap to support OpenLDAP's ldap.conf syntax. I agree that
putting bind information in a configuration file isn't a particularly good
idea, but I'm not convinced a separate, world-unreadable file is the
solution.

Unfortunately, IRIX and, I think, Solaris 8, use a configuration file with
the same name. I suppose we'll just have to live with it. AFAIK, nss_ldap
was there first :-)

-- Luke