Re: Database

Jason McCormick wrote:

>   I believe I have everything installed correctly now.  However, I believe I
> am still having database problems.  I set up some accounts using the manual
> in the proper form.  Whenever I search for 'cn=Jason' or 'objectclass=*' I
> get "ldap_search: No such object".  If I try and use ldapadd to add a user
> (strictly following the MAN page instructions) it says "ldap_add: Object
> class violation".  Help!

are you specifing a base starting point eg. -b '' ?

If you are getting Object class violation, it could be because you are
enforcing a schema in you slapd.conf - for learning and testing, it
would probably be better to leave schema enforcement off until you get a
grip of the whole ldap concept.. (about 2 years hehe)

if you can post the exact command line that you queried eg.
#ldapsearch 'objectclass=*'
it makes answering the question a little easier.

other things to try = add -d1 -v (debugging, and verbose) on ldapsearch
and/or -d1 on slapd, you can then see what is going.

merry christmas

alan

If the answers not at http://www.hk.super.net/~alan_k , then
let me now, CAUSE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE!