Re: What defines a leaf entry (Errors when using ldapdelete) Solution

Sorry you had to go to the trouble.  There is already a fix for this
that has been integrated with the slapd-stable release.  I guess you
must be using Windows NT (hence the Qualcomm port).  I'm not sure
where the OpenLDAP port for NT stands, but for you folks on UNIX
machines, there is a fix available.

> Hi there!
>

> >XXX means unimplemented part of code :) I think always, after deletion of
> >entry, id2children stay the same - so you always receive positive answer in
> >has_children() call :(
> >Will wait for fix from openldap dev team...
> >

> ok.  i decide not to wait for fix from ldap team and wrote it by myself :)
> My code implements cleanup of id2children after deletion of leaf entry. It
> is  not a complete solution - it don't support LARGE databases, but it's
> only first release :)
>
> I've tested this code on example from Yusuf, and all working fine.
>
> I'll send modifications to anyone interested in it. Just drop me a note.
>
> P.S. i wrote this fix for Eudora slapd, but as i think, it will work on
> openldap-release code.

  o    _______________  Gary Williams        SAS Institute Inc.
 /\_  _|             |  sasgwi@unx.sas.com   SAS Campus Dr.
_\__`[_______________|  919-677-8000 x4059   Cary, NC 27513