Re: [Q] SSLeay and openLDAP

At 11:52 AM 12/3/98 -0700, Jens Moller wrote:
>Has anyone done an preliminary work with SSLeay and merged its
>functionality into UofM, openLDAP or other slapd based Directory
>Server?

I believe a number of SSL implementations are available for
UofM-derived slapd.

For Linux users, you might want to check out:
	http://www.rage.net/ldap

As far as OpenLDAP is concerned, our plan is to provide SASL/TLS/SSL
support in version 2.0.  Our coding effort in this area is being
delayed until we sort out emcumberances associated with involved
algorithms.  Version 2.0 release is likely to slip into next quarter.

Technical discussions related to this and other OpenLDAP development
takes place on the OpenLDAP-devel mailing list.  Those interested in
partipating are encourged to subscribe.

We hope to have the remaining non-technical issues sorted out soon
and a draft crypto policy statement will be made available.

Kurt