Re: [Q] HOWTO PGP Public Key Server ...

Hi,

Peter quoted Satoshi ...

> > I'm trying to build a PGP Public Key Server for PGP5.5i by OpenLDAP.
> > but I don't know how to set attribute and objectclass.
> > I can't get any information but draft-ietf-asid-pgp-02.txt.
> > I want more detail setup infomation with OpenLDAP.
> > [...]

and wrote ...

> Just recently there has been a new activity to take up again the work
> started with the draft you mentioned. The problem yet to be solved was how
> to store multiple keys for one directory entry and how an LDAP server can
> function as PGP keyserver. NAI has implemented such a thing already,
> see http://www.nai.com/products/security/public_keys/lookup_key.asp .

Is this URL really ponting to their LDAP based Key Sever ?

As I already wrote (http://www.dante.net/np/listarchives/pgp/20.html)
it looks like PKS  (http://www.mit.edu/people/marc/pks/) .

BTW: In the FORM tag of the page "lookup_key.asp" the action shold be changed
     from ".../pks/lookup2" to ".../pks/lookup".

> There will be a discussion at the next IETF meeting whether to take this up
> as a new task for the openpgp working group.

I'm looking forward to hear from that discussion.

Regards

  Frank Brückner
  Siemens Information and Communication Networks
  Directory Team     http://www.siemensmeta.com/