Re: Roaming (was: LDAP and e-mail)

Hi,

Joerg Paysen posted a question regarding the setup of openldap to support the
communicator 4.5. He has had problems to authenticate agianst the directory.
Has anyone gotten much further?
I extended the schemata, pointed the browser to the ldap server and can
authenticate myself against the ldap directory. So far, so good. UNfortunately
even with the connection (and write access) to the directory the browser don't
get any information from the directory. It happily uses the local information
and did not store anything to the ldap server. In the ldap logs you can see that
indeed the browser contacts the directory even after authenticating. It tries to
lookup some entries which are of course not there.
I wade through the netscape documentation and it looks to me as you have to have
a software called mission control desktop to set up the directory. It looks like
you have to populate the directory at first. I assume that it's possible to set
it up manually but I havn't found any pointer yet.

Any clues

Regards Achim
--

Achim Reckeweg                  System engineer
                                Email: Achim.Reckeweg@Germany.Sun.COM