Re: can anyone verify that the sample quick-start works

Netsapes address book is kinda strange.  In the file menu,
choose "save as" and you'll see that it stores it's contents in
LDIF format.  So far so good.  Open up the ldif file and look at
the DNs on each entry.  The DNs all look like:

dn: cn=John Yaya,mail=john.yaya@yoyodyne.com

	Pretty useless 'cause it looks like you have to use
a searchbase of john.yaya@yoyodyne.com which means you already
looked it up somewhere else.  Either that or use "" as your
searchbase and as the suffix in your slapd.conf.

	My tendency is to rewrite the entry to be somehting like:

dn: cn=John Yaya, o=address book

	which isn't the best, but it works pretty well.  Netscape
mail can use slapd as a directory, but won't do that cool completion
thing when you hit the tab key.  Netscape mail is pretty good about
snarfing up an ldif generated from a slapd.

	I guess the thing to do here is write a little perl utility
or something which will take the netscape address book output and
rewrite the ldif based on a template.

	Does anyone know of a way to make the netscape address book
automatically update off a directory server or ldif file.  Kind of
like the ccmail automatic directory update.

	...richard