[lukeh@xedoc.com.au: new pam_ldap module]

	YAY! :)

----- Forwarded message from Luke Howard <lukeh@xedoc.com.au> -----

We're pleased to announce the alpha release of our pam_ldap module,
released under the GNU GLPL (although it is anticipated that it will be
commercially supported).

The advantages of this particular version are:

   o Support for changing passwords in LDAP

   o Support for the V3 client API and protocol (to minimize
     rebinds)

   o Support for Netscape's SSL API (not yet tested)

   o Compatibility with the nss_ldap configuration file format

   o Supports ypldapd LDAP locator for plug-and-play installation

   o Supports Netscape Directory Server password policies

   o Supports access authorization on the "host" attribute of the
     account objectclass

The module builds under both Linux and Solaris although it has only been
tested under Solaris 2.6.

Where can I get it? For the moment:

http://www.xedoc.com.au/~lukeh/ldap/pam_ldap.tar.gz

Although it will soon be moving to a new location.

Whilst I've got your attention, we've recently developed a GSS-API SASL
plugin for Netscape's Directory Server and client library. Contact myself
for further details.

--
   Luke Howard
   PADL Software