Re: ldap users auth to ldap ;)

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

> Michael Thomas Cope wrote:
>
> > What I am more interested in is an authetication backend for LDAP, perhaps
> > PAM that would allow pluggable authentication schemes.  I hacked up our
> > source to RADIUS as a backend but it's not a good solution long-term.
>
> Wouldn't it be more appropriate to support SASL extentions/plugins?
SASL would probably be more appropriate for LDAP in general, but PAM would
be decidedly easier since the client doesn't need to know about it and
only /servers/slapd/back-ldbm/bind.c (and appropriate header and Make
files) needs to be changed.
-Mike
--
Michael Cope: Harvey Mudd College '00; Armand Hammer UWC '96
E-mail: Michael_Cope@hmc.edu