Configuration caching

I am using the ConfigMgr to maintain the configuration for one of our Fortress applications and am having a problem with the synchronization of the configuration information between different nodes of the cluster (all backed by the same OpenLDAP system).  Is the Fortress client caching configuration information?  What kind of lag time can I expect (between one node executing a configMgr.update(...) and another node "seeing" that update via configMgr.read(...).

Thanks!

Steve