Re: Split user management

On 09/07/2012 07:00 AM, Bruno.MARCON@thalesgroup.com wrote:
> So if we want to use Fortress in our system, we must split the user management part from Fortress functionalities. Is there a simple way do to this, like rewrite our override the UserDAO class ?

Bruno, agreed that we need to handle this requirement.  Overriding the
UserDAO is one way to do this.  Would need to add an extension
mechanism to handle cleanly.  Just to make sure we're on same page
here.  We want user data, including userid, password, pw policies and
user demographic info like name, address, phone, email to reside in
external directory.  Can we standardize on a particular ldap object
class, i.e. inetOrgPerson? Or for that matter can we assume the user
information is stored in a directory?  One more question: How would
you expect password policies to be handled as those are specific to
the directory implementation that manages the password?