Re: ITS#8866 (was: ITS review 6/14/2019)

On 6/27/19 6:37 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
> Michael Ströder wrote:

>>> Sorry, you already have the disclosure.
>>>
>>> Citing from my old e-mail found here:
>>> https://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/201711/msg00003.html

> Then that's a bug that should be fixed.

If you really want to fix this bug then you have to fully enforce access
control when processing the write operation *before* enforcing the
constraints. (I guess this is not easily done with the current overlay
stack processing.)

But if you fixed it then the disclosure will only happen if the user is
authorized to modify the entry. So same fix for the very same problem. ;-)

Conclusion:
1. Applying ITS#8866 patch to RE24 will not make things worse.
2. The real fix will also fix the disclosure issue.

Ciao, Michael.