Re: SuSE engagement?

--On Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:14 PM +0200 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Hi Quanah,

On 4/18/19 6:12 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
I'm looking at the patches SuSE applies to OpenLDAP, and it would be
nice to have some engagement from SuSE on kicking some of these back,

I'm sometimes trying to push them to coordinate with upstream. Problem is
that SLE customer bugs in https://bugzilla.opensuse.org are most times
locked. (I miss Ralf working on that.)

You can always lookup who has maintainer role:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/users/network:ldap/openldap2

Hi Michael,

I see it lists you as a maintainer.  Perfect. ;)

The one other patch from SLES that looks like it needs an upstream ITS is <https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/network:ldap/openldap2/0009-Fix-ldap-host-lookup-ipv6.patch?expand=1>. I.e., I couldn't find an existing ITS on it when I searched (Given, searching in jitterbugs is a crapshoot).

So if that could be filed so the patch could be reviewed, that'd be great!

Thanks,
Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount