Re: ITS#8286 pending questions

Some more comments on a sub-set of the attributes.

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> olcReferral -- case ignore match?

It's already declared SUP labeledURI and therefore has caseExactMatch.
This makes sense because it could specify an LDAPI URL with
case-sensitive socket path name.

> olcRootPw -- case exact match?

Any EQUALITY matching rule needed at all?
If yes, use EQUALITY octetStringMatch as with userPassword.

> olcTCPBuffer -- case ignore match?

Also might contain listener URL. So maybe same like olcReferral even
though an LDAPI URI does not make sense with TCP buffers?

> olcTLSCipherSuite -- case ignore match?

I don't have a strong opinion on that because I don't have an oversight
how the supported crypto libs treat this strings.

> olcTLSSECName -- case ignore match?

??? Cannot find this in 2.4 schema. Is that new in 2.5?

> olcTLSProtocolMin -- case ignore match?
>
> ---------------- BACKENDS -----------------------
> --- back-asyncmeta
> olcDbURI -- case ignore match?

Same like olcReferral.

> olcDbURI -- case ignore match?

Same like olcReferral for back-ldap and back-meta.

> --- back-sql
> olcDbHost -- case ignore match?

This could also contain a Unix domain socket?
If yes, caseExactMatch.

> olcDbName -- case ignore match?

Hmm, I'm not sure. Also not sure about all the attrs containing SQL
statements.

> --- dds.c
> olcDDSmaxTtl -- case ignore match?
> olcDDSminTtl -- case ignore match?
> olcDDSdefaultTtl -- case ignore match?
> olcDDSinterval -- case ignore match?
> olcDDStolerance -- case ignore match?

Why are the TTL attributes strings at all? I see no reason why there are
not defined as Integer syntax.

> --- memberof.c
> olcMemberOfDangling -- case ignore match?

This serves as a good example for an enum type. I'd argue that it should
be limited to this particular set of lower-cased values.

> olcMemberOfGroupOC -- case ignore match?
> olcMemberOfMemberAD -- case ignore match?
> olcMemberOfMemberOfAD -- case ignore match?

AFAICS these always reference a single object class or attribute type.
So why not declare them with syntax OID?
Same suggestion for similar attributes of other overlays.

> olcMemberOfDanglingError -- case ignore match?

Is this just the LDAP error code?
If yes, define it as Integer.

Ciao, Michael.