Re: ITS#8286 pending questions

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> I've done a first pass through the source tree adding missing matching
> rules to the olc* attributes to address ITS#8286
> (<https://github.com/quanah/openldap-scratch/tree/its8286>).  However,
> many of the attributes are string types, and can either be case
> exact/ignore match.  The following is a list of those attributes, and my
> best guess at which they should be.

It really depends on the default use-case and whether an attribute could
be used in a RDN or not.

Since POSIX file systems are case-sensitive I'd say that all attributes
containing file-system path names must be defined with caseExactMatch.

  Once I have a definitive answer on
> these, I'll commit them:

> olcInclude -- case ignore match?

Is already defined with caseExactMatch via "SUP labeledURI".
IMO deriving from labeledURI does not make sense though.

Ciao, Michael.