Re: RE24 testing call #1 (2.4.46) LMDB RE0.9 testing call #1 (0.9.22)

--On Monday, February 12, 2018 6:33 AM +0200 Alexander Bokovoy <abokovoy@redhat.com> wrote:

It would really help Samba if ITS#8671 "Declare ldap_init_fd() in
ldap.h to help external consumers" would make a release too.

It is not a code change, only a documentation update but it would have
allowed us to get distributions changed with regards to ldap_init_fd
availability.

Hi Alexander,

The "ldap.h" file is specifically for RFC defined interfaces. I discussed this with Howard, and we thought that the best way to address this issue would be to rename "ldap_pvt.h" to "openldap.h", to indicate that the methods found in it are openldap specific. This should resolve the issue with packagers not packaging the file as well. What do you think?

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect