[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Additional bug in OpenLDAP TLS code
- To: Quanah Gibson-Mount <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Additional bug in OpenLDAP TLS code
- From: Michael Ströder <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 22:19:38 +0200
- In-reply-to: <80106510F3B08D5173986771@[192.168.1.19]>
- Openpgp: id=43C8730E84A20E560722806C07DC7AE36A8BC938
- References: <80106510F3B08D5173986771@[192.168.1.19]>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.48
Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> Attempting to connect via ldapsearch to ldap://127.0.0.1 and initiate startTLS will
> fail, as the IP gets mapped to "localhost", and then the FQDN check fails.
Yes, this is a bug. Especially since the mapping to "localhost" does not have a trustable
source for this mapping.
Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature