Status of ldap_init_fd and LDAP_PROTO_EXT?

Hi!

What's the status of those two? They are mentioned in the manpages of
for example Debian Jessie and FreeBSD 11 (maybe from ports?), but the
manpage explicitly says you have to #include <ldap_pvt.h>, which is
not shipped.

What's the reason of them being in ldap_pvt.h? Are they supposed to
change in the future? The function is now more than 10 years old,
without too much change in that decade.

Not being able to fully asynchronously connect to a server was my main
reason to start my own little ldap library a few years ago, so I think
this can be useful code :-)

Thanks, Volker