ldif API

Greetings all,

I'm new to the list. I'm told I should be asking my questions here (thanks Gavin).

One of my programs[1] uses the as yet un-released LDIF API (ldap_parse_ldif_record() and friends), which presently means installing from openldap master. This was originally pulled in to master back in April 2010, but unfortunately hasn't made it into a stable release yet, which makes using it rather painful for those of us that do.

Which leads me to ask three questions:

1) Am I correct in thinking this will make it into the 2.5 release?

2) Is there a rough release date planned for 2.5?

3) I've submitted my first patch to openldap[2], adding a new function ldif_open_mem() which is useful when working with ldif data in memory. I read through the contribution guidelines and I think I've made all the necessary copyright statements etc., but please let me know if I've missed anything. It would be great if this made it into 2.5 as well (tis a small patch).

Cheers,

Brett

[1] https://github.com/brettsheffield/libgladdb
[2] http://www.OpenLDAP.org/its/index.cgi?findid=8603
Application Hosting | Virtual Servers | Monitoring | Email
Tel: 0131 510 0340                http://www.gladserv.com/