Re: Revisiting the SHA1 default password hash

--On Friday, February 24, 2017 10:18 PM +0100 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Michael Ströder wrote:
I was referring to strength of password hashing scheme.

And yes, I read your note about bcrypt. But I assumed that something
which is already there and tested may be the most successful route for
now.

We ship the bcrypt module as a part of the Symas build, and there are others using it as well, per discussion on the OpenLDAP IRC channel. So it's not untested. ;)

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect