Re: test061 broken in HEAD for back-mdb

Am Wed, 01 Feb 2017 13:14:56 -0800
schrieb Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com>:

> For some reason, test061 routinely fails for back-mdb in HEAD.  I've
> not had luck reproducing the issue with other backends or in RE24.
>
> To eliminate it being a replication delay, I increased the for loop
> to give 55 seconds time (1 through 10 seconds) chance to replicate.
> Most of the time the test fails in fewer than 50 iterations (most
> often fewer than 20), however one time it took as long as 85
> iterations before failing.
[...]

I now have intensively tested this issue and found occurrences in all
branches. Just some examples:

ERROR: Entry 21 not replicated to ldap://localhost:9012/! (32)!
Error found after 1 of 1 iterations
Failed after 15 of 50 iterations
[dieter@pink tests (OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4=)]$

ERROR: Entry 21 not replicated to ldap://localhost:9012/! (32)!
Error found after 1 of 1 iterations
Failed after 6 of 50 iterations
[dieter@pink tests (OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_5=)]$

I did about 100 test runs looping 50 times. In average every 7th
testrun failed.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung