[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Patch adding command line TLS support to the ldap utilities
- To: Michael Ströder <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Patch adding command line TLS support to the ldap utilities
- From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 07:58:55 -0800
- Content-disposition: inline
- In-reply-to: <WMfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <DBC88A13E0A9BD0571544FA0@[192.168.1.30]> <email@example.com> <WMfirstname.lastname@example.org>
--On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:24 PM +0100 Michael Ströder
Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
In working on creating a TLS testsuite for OpenLDAP, a glaring omission
in the abilities of the command line tools quickly became apparent.
Specifically, the inability to set any TLS related options.
Just out of curiosity:
Wasn't using the env vars not enough in the test suite's shell scripts?
No. I have no way of knowing what option(s)/conf files may exist in the
environment of the user building OpenLDAP. We set LDAPNOINIT in the test
suite to avoid this problem for the non-TLS portion, but there's no ability
to do anything TLS related at that point w/o such a patch.
Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP solutions powered by OpenLDAP: