Re: Patch adding command line TLS support to the ldap utilities

--On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:24 PM +0100 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
In working on creating a TLS testsuite for OpenLDAP, a glaring omission
in the abilities of the command line tools quickly became apparent.
Specifically, the inability to set any TLS related options.

Just out of curiosity:
Wasn't using the env vars not enough in the test suite's shell scripts?

No. I have no way of knowing what option(s)/conf files may exist in the environment of the user building OpenLDAP. We set LDAPNOINIT in the test suite to avoid this problem for the non-TLS portion, but there's no ability to do anything TLS related at that point w/o such a patch.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect