Re: Supported backends/overlays in 2.5

--On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 4:06 AM +0100 docelic@spinlocksolutions.com wrote:

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 18:33:47 -0800
Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

Hello,

For 2.5, it would be good to take a look at existing backends and
overlays  we ship as supported, and see if there are any we want to
retire.

Another possibility is back-perl. ...
We have gotten contributions fixing issues in it as recently as April
2015,  so there may be folks using it who would like to see it continue.

There is a pretty elaborate back-perl-based backend available on:
https://github.com/docelic/Viper/blob/master/Viper.pm

With the documentation on what it's been used for available here:
http://spinlocksolutions.com/viper/doc/index.html
http://spinlocksolutions.com/viper/doc/ldap.html

Could be someone finds it useful.

That's really cool. Thanks for the information! So sounds like it has active use.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect