Re: Performance improvements for set-based ACLs?

On 02/03/2014 10:12 PM, Michael StrÃder wrote:
Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
On 02/03/2014 07:48 PM, Michael StrÃder wrote:
Yes, I know:
Set-based ACLs are slow even if one properly sets index configuration.

But I'd like to raise a discussion here whether it would be possible to improve
the performance within slapd.

Any thoughts?
What about profiling some use cases of interest?
I'm not sure what exactly you mean. Be assured that I'm already trying to
re-arrange the ACLs to make things faster. IMO I also defined decent indexing
configuration.

Or do you want to see some use-cases I've implemented?
I mean apply realistic load to realistic set-based ACLs and profile the execution, to track possible bottlenecks, to avoid spending time in optimizing code that doesn't get used.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
Associate Professor