Re: mdb_dcmp() = EINVAL?

Hallvard Breien Furuseth wrote:
mdb_dcmp() returns EINVAL if no dupsort function is set.
I'm not sure it does the caller any favors in doing so: It
claims (A>B && B>A) if it gets called with both (A,B) and
(B,A).  That can confuse the caller, e.g. a sort function.

I expect the sensible results without a dcmp function are
0 or a crash.  Plus to document this clearly.

A crash is fine then. MDB itself would never perform this comparison if the DUPSORT flag isn't set. Any attempt to use this function without DUPSORT flag is a programmer error.