Re: slapd: attr.c:481: attr_merge: Assertion

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:40:31 +0100, Michael StrÃder wrote:
>> We saw this assertion in a production server during processing a modify of an
>> entry. My co-worker said he could reproduce it. Does it mean the BDB files
>> were corrupt?
>
> Maybe, in particular if you upgraded without doing slapcat/slapadd.

Upgraded what? slapd? Was there a change in BDB format from 2.4.29 to 2.4.30?

> But a FIXME followed by an assert looks suspiciously like "Shouldn't
> happen, but who knows if it does" - which doesn't belong in production
> code. Can you provide a gdb 'backtrace full' which also does 'print **a'?

Unfortunately I'm currently not in charge actively maintaining this system.

In the meantime my co-worker fixed it by doing slapcat/slapadd. So I guess the
DB was indeed corrupt.

My question was about the state of the assertion and whether the
interpretation (and as a consequence the slapcat/slapadd-operation) was correct.

Ciao, Michael.