Re: ITS#7052, syncrepl, deletes, and MMR

Rein Tollevik wrote:
On 23.02.12 22:33, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:13 PM +0100 Rein Tollevik
<rein@OpenLDAP.org>  wrote:

The queuing of an old CSN done as a fix to ITS#7052 may have introduced a
new race condition, an ITS and fix is coming.

A new test script which exercise these race conditions is coming.

I was about to issue a testing call for RE24 for 2.4.30. If this ITS&
fix are going to be coming soon, I will hold off. Do you have an ETA on
them?

After having analyzed my logs a bit more I'm fairly sure the 7052 fix
didn't introduce any new races afterall :-)

No new races, but some old ones still remain. So far the only thing I've found to reliably prevent them is to serialize all writes in syncprov. Have not committed this yet; wondering if there's some other conditions we should place on this. E.g., only if mirrormode is configured?