drop "stable"

HI!

Many people are downloading and compiling "stable" releases from
http://www.openldap.org/software/download/ which is IMO problematic:

Most developers consider those "stable" releases to be rather outdated since
lots of fixes are missing and they don't want to get bothered with old issues
(which I personally perfectly understand). ITS filed against those "stable"
versions are most times answered like "get a more recent release".

There is no well-defined process how to determine whether a release has
reached "stable" status.

=> My suggestion: Simply drop "stable" completely and list only the releases
with version number without further qualification. Today most people can deal
with version numbers quite well.

Ciao, Michael.