From: Kurt Zeilenga [mailto:Kurt@OpenLDAP.org]
Sent: April-15-11 11:29 AM
To: Lynn Gayowski
Cc: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: Static Analysis of OpenLDAP

On Apr 14, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Lynn Gayowski wrote:

> Klocwork's open source program did some source code analysis for
OpenLDAP a few years back.  We've analyzed the project again using our
static analysis product, Klocwork Insight, and found some bugs and
potential security vulnerabilities that may be of interest.  The results
are hosted on a secure web portal so only contributors to the project
will have access to the results.  They will not be published. Please
email opensource at klocwork dot com for the login credentials.

For the benefit of you and the community, please note that the OpenLDAP
Foundation considers this as an open request for those interested in the
Klockwork report to contact Klockwork for that report.  To the extent
that Klockwork and any interested party choose to enter into any sort of
agreement, that agreement is between Klockwork and the interested party.
The OpenLDAP Foundation, nor the OpenLDAP Project (an organized activity
of the OpenLDAP Foundation), would not be a party to that agreement and
hence cannot and will not be bound by any such agreement.

It must also be noted that the Project requires all contributions
(including not just source code) to be publicly disclosable.  This is
why it won't enter into an agreement precluding it from publishing
particular contributions, such as a report.  It is the contributors
responsibility, not the Project's, to only contribute materials which
are publicly disclosable.  The Project will publish any and all
contributions (it may choose to delay contributions of certain materials
(such as "major security issues", but all contributions get published in
due course).

This note is not intended to dissuade anyone interested in this report
from seeking access to the report and/or viewing the report.  The note
is intended to make clear that those seeking access to such reports are
acting on their own behalf, not on the behalf of the OpenLDAP Foundation
or the OpenLDAP Project.

Regards, Kurt

---
Executive Director, OpenLDAP Foundation

> Issue Summary:
https://opensource.klocwork.com/review/insight-review.html#reportviewer_
goto:project=openldap,report=6,scope=1
> Full Details/Issue Management: http://goo.gl/9GNiu
>
> This program will be offered free to open source projects on an
ongoing basis, so if you find the results of value we could analyze
future versions of your project as well.