Re: OpenLDAP git repo - HEADS UP

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
Hello Howard,

Am 23.03.2011 um 23:02 schrieb Howard Chu:
Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
Am 14.03.2010 um 00:31 schrieb Howard Chu:
Volker Lendecke wrote:
Out of several rumors I've heard that OpenLDAP converted it
source repo to git. Is that true? www.openldap.org still
speaks about cvs. If you changed to git, is the repo
publically available?

I noticed you set up
   https://github.com/openldap/openldap
which have commits up to 2010-10-12. Are there any plans to reactivate
syncing from CVS to this repository or is it abandoned?

Actually I don't know who setup the repo on github.com. Anyway, things have progressed. Read-only repos are now available on git.openldap.org. You can
also browse them at http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi .

We will do one final release from CVS before switching over completely to git.
So after 2.4.25 is released, the CVS repos will be read-only.

As usual, info on accessing the source repositories is at
http://www.openldap.org/software/repo.html

Please also note that our Contributing guidelines have changed:

http://www.openldap.org/devel/contributing.html

Since git gives us ready made tools for patch management, we would prefer that patch submissions be generated using git format-patch.