Re: RE24 testing call #1 (OL 2.4.24)

On 01/ 7/11 08:01 AM, Rein Tollevik wrote:
On 06.01.11 22.48, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, January 06, 2011 7:40 PM +0100 Rein Tollevik
<rein@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

On 04.01.11 23.34, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
Please test RE24 heavily.

test039 deadlocks for me on 64bit solaris10, both x86 and sparc :-( It
hangs in the monitor, triggered by the new swamp -SS option added to
slapd-tester. It works if run with -S or -SSS. It is the third server
that hangs, and it does so quite consistently with the same stack trace
every time. A gdb trace is at at:

ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/rein-test039-gdb-trace.txt

Does this happen on both HEAD and RE24, or RE24 only?

Both, as well as when running the head tests suite with the 2.4.23 release. Looks as if the swamp additions have tripped into an existing problem, not anything new. Leave it out of RE24 until if have been resolved?

Btw, any other Solaris test runs out there? I´t like to know if it is a real Solaris problem or just me..

Rein

I'm currently testing Solaris11 (Nevada) and not seeing any issues in either 32 or 64 bit builds using both RE24 and HEAD. I have not had any failures on x86 yet. Testing is still underway for sparc and other internal system testing on both platforms.

Doug.