Re: Proposed patch to support: draft-zeilenga-ldap-c-api-concurrency

Kurt Zeilenga wrote:
Doug,

I note as a general rule, which I will follow in this case, I don't review
patches authors would like included in OpenLDAP Software until they have been
formally submitted for review.

While the ITS submission provides for a review of what was done, my purpose in directing the conversation here is to discuss why. It's not clear to me that this old draft is still viable or desirable. As we've talked about many times before, the C API is a huge mess and we need to toss the current one out and go back to the drawing board, preferably to come up with a new API that doesn't meld operational behavior (e.g. referral chasing) with the low level protocol implementation, and one that is largely free-threaded.