[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Openldap replication over XMPP
On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 02:50:27PM -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> kalyan wrote:
>> I would like to share some simple idea and find out similar interest.
>> This is about the ldap replication using the existing xmpp network.
To be frank, i did not think this because there is some serious problem
in the existing replication mechanism. But the below might be considered
for your question.
* The unchanged attribute is never sent to other server. Always the
changed attribute is sent instantly.
* The above delta sync does not maintain a changelog, because the
changes will be sent immediatly as it happens on a server and
unreachable server receives an offline message. Hence no need of
* N-Way multi-master + multi-salve combination is acheived. You could
change the role of a server to master or to slave without the need to
change the configuration file and restarting the server.
* If its secure environment and if xmpp ports are opened this can be
used as proxy as well. But I dont know such environment exist.
* I learn openldap and xmpp.
* Its FUN.
Definitely this can't be a default replication method for openldap, but
I am thinking what if I make another directory server to sync to openldap.