[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: OpenLDAP 2.5
- To: Howard Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: OpenLDAP 2.5
- From: "Brett @Google" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 22:41:09 +1000
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=flqMDn4+hlx87uQrhO2UYhd7pbLm10MtmKX1+a/kEsc=; b=dzI2XqySbxFmPbBHkjIdpalEfjLquMYG4vZTs9a07BdFd3NquMJLoAZUaKrZB/s1bk 4Jt0+d/dp09Z/nFimDXnRN9BsTfrt504k1mP1G3c9HOqgHpnwqU9CCcagDeKiunXw4sM FkJqoFFIPEyQCY/uSmZ5GGSmsiAyo43eMGFwc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=CEFybDKnaHcTB0KivSEAsImlOCnlXDiXiGsMOomeUI22HvvInObUcMgs/6t5vASpWD RmUsZ3yxcKe3IV74rNDxNvNUCBROabmwzBP2UTeZCwszgsBat02Sr7lQPL1IWO3HAQJB Q3S5tjJtcePlca7uAr8bz0NAa/oHgWhA5UQNk=
- In-reply-to: <4B31913D.email@example.com>
- References: <4B31913D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Howard Chu <email@example.com>
With 2.4.21 out, and hopefully stable enough to promote to the next Stable release, it's time to feature-freeze 2.4 and prepare for the 2.5 branch. As I already announced to the OpenLDAP-Committers, we're also planning to switch from CVS to GIT in mid-January. Commits for 2.5 will begin after we've settled into GIT.
One feature might be some sort of internal thread or process api.
Perhaps the ability to run a backend(s) in a seperate thread of execution, and also maybe the ability to run arbitrary threads in the server core for things such as cache managment, without having to implement a backend.