Re: Problems compiling OpenLDAP in 64 bit due to old libtool version included

Howard Chu wrote:
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> If you think this is an actual bug then you should submit a report
>>> to the ITS.
>>
>> Ok, filed as ITS# 6306.
>
> Thanks. Now the next step is to get feedback from people building
> OpenLDAP on different platforms using this new libtool version. If we
> don't hear of any breakages, I don't see any reason not to upgrade.

Is it sufficient to set LIBTOOL=/usr/bin/libtool before invking ./configure to
use the libtool installed with the Linux distro instead of libtool shipped
with OpenLDAP? Or is there more to adjust for the build?

Ciao, Michael.