Re: back-mdb - futures...

Howard Chu writes:
> Yeah, it would require pretty near identical machines and software
> configurations. And no address-space-layout-randomization. Never mind...

BTW, I hope an mdb database will eventually be recoverable with slapcat
if the fixed address becomes unavailable after an OS upgrade or
whatever.  E.g. store the address itself at the beginning of the file,
and allow an operation mode which adjusts all pointers to the actual
address.   But that's a lot of pointer rewrites.

What will mdb do about data which can be shared by several slapd
databases, like attribute descriptions?

--
Hallvard