FAQ and ancient entries

In looking at our FAQ, many entries detail ancient (2.1 and earlier) information that is completely obsolete. It would be nice to be able to archive off the cruft so that the site is actually of more use. Thoughts on how best to achieve this?

Some examples:

SLAPD (with LDBM database) prerequisites include suitable database support. One of following packages can fulfill the prerequisite.

 Berkeley Database from Sleepycat (http://www.sleepycat.com/)
 GNU Database Manager (GDBM) from FSF (http://www.gnu.org/)

For OpenLDAP 2.1 (or later), Berkeley DB 4.1 is recommended.
SLURPD prerequisites include:

 Thread support (Posix Threads and others)

SSL/TLS prerequisites:

 OpenSSL 0.9.6 from http://www.openssl.org

The OpenSSL library usually needs to be patched before it will work correctly. See this FAQ article for details: http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=185 (Note about OpenSSL and crypt())

(Answer) How do I select a suitable LDBM backend?
(Answer) How do I force LDBM to use of BerkeleyDB?
(Answer) How do I force LDBM to use of GDBM?
(Answer) Can LDBM use NDBM?

etc.

--Quanah

--