Re: Beware of Fedora 11's glibc

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 08:51 -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
 From this bug it appears there's a known history of problems with the
experimental malloc being used in the new glibc.

It appears that slapd is hitting some issues in this code still, even though
the other symptoms in that bug report are marked as fixed. LD_PRELOADing a 3rd
party malloc library shows no issues and likewise valgrind finds no invalid
memory accesses in our code. I was seeing crashes on x86_64; the 32 bit code
may actually be fixed by now.

Just an fyi. I've already spent more than 2 weeks looking for a memory
overwrite in slapd only to find that the malloc library is broken. I can't
afford to spend any more time tracking this down.

Is there any chance you can put this as a new bug in Fedora's Bugzilla?

At least it would provide a collecting point for similar issues noted
elsewhere, and we might be able to get this fixed.

Feel free to add any details if I missed anything obvious...

  -- Howard Chu