[Date Prev][Date Next]
Beware of Fedora 11's glibc
- To: OpenLDAP Devel <email@example.com>
- Subject: Beware of Fedora 11's glibc
- From: Howard Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 08:51:37 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; rv:1.9.1b5pre) Gecko/20090517 SeaMonkey/2.0a1pre Firefox/3.0.3
From this bug it appears there's a known history of problems with the
experimental malloc being used in the new glibc.
It appears that slapd is hitting some issues in this code still, even though
the other symptoms in that bug report are marked as fixed. LD_PRELOADing a 3rd
party malloc library shows no issues and likewise valgrind finds no invalid
memory accesses in our code. I was seeing crashes on x86_64; the 32 bit code
may actually be fixed by now.
Just an fyi. I've already spent more than 2 weeks looking for a memory
overwrite in slapd only to find that the malloc library is broken. I can't
afford to spend any more time tracking this down.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/