[Date Prev][Date Next]
Invalid DN after schema change
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Invalid DN after schema change
- From: Michael Ströder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:45:15 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20090402 SeaMonkey/1.1.16
If one plays around with schema and an attribute type used in the RDN
of an entry is no longer present then this entry is no longer readable
because whenever a request is sent to slapd invalidDNSyntax is returned.
This leads to the situation that a client can't even explicitly delete
this offending entry anymore.
I'd vote for relaxing the schema-based DN checking in case of search,
rename (only old DN), modify and delete requests a bit so that after a
schema change the data can be corrected with normal client tools without
Any thoughts on this?