Implementing a matching rule for binary (ie:

I'm working on using openldap to store certificate requests (ie: PKCS#10
and SPKAC).

I thought I'd use the binary syntax '' for
my custom attribute. However there doesn't seem to be a equality
matching rule for that syntax.

I could implement one, but would such a contribution be accepted by the
openldap project? I've looked around online, but I can't seem to find an
OID for such a matching rule declared anywhere.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? If not I'll whip up a patch.

Stef Walter