Re: RE24 connection code reworking

William Jojo wrote:

---- Original message ----
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:15:06 -0800
From: Howard Chu<hyc@symas.com>
Subject: Re: RE24 connection code reworking
To: Pierangelo Masarati<ando@sys-net.it>
Cc: Quanah Gibson-Mount<quanah@zimbra.com>,openldap-devel@openldap.org

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

I ran 30 times test045 with HEAD and got no failures.  Then re24 failed
after 44 runs with the backtrace below (identical to the previous ones).
I got thru 80 runs of test045 on HEAD (prior to my syncrepl patch) and then
slapd hung on shutdown, with a deadlock between connections_shutdown(),
connection_closing(), and send_ldap_ber(). So, still tinkering with this.

Ok, make test runs flawlessly on AIX 5.3 with GCC 4.2.3, BDB 4.6.21.3, Cyrus SASL 2.1.22.

How can I do successive runs of a specific test such as you've described here?

Wait a second, I pulled down OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4 should I be grabbing HEAD for these tests?

Please try to overlook my ignorance, just want to help :-)

Sure. The original call for testing was for RE24, but now that we've found problems with it, you might as well stop testing that code.

I'm still finding odd problems in HEAD, so you should wait for a new call for testing.