RE24 connection code reworking

RE24 has had some code reworking in the connections area, due to some race conditions that were being triggered. It would be useful if people could test current RE24 to see if they encounter issues. There are still a number of outstanding issues that need to be resolved before 2.4.14 will be released, but I'd appreciate a head start on making sure that at least make test is passing for folks with this new code in place. So far, it does for both Howard and I, but Michael StrÃder has reported failures in his OpenSuSE builds that we can't reproduce.

Thanks,
Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount