Re: slapd.conf vs slapd.d in the docs

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 06:07:15PM +0000, Gavin Henry wrote:

> I'm just wondering how we move forward with the docs and the config
> backend. Should we document examples with both, or only slapd.d or
> move example config to the appendix and have an appendix for each
> format so it doesn't clutter the guide.
>
> My feeling is the last option is best.  Thoughts?

I would certainly prefer to see just one format used in the body
of the guide. Less duplication, so less chance of error.

The file format is cleaner than the LDIF necessary to express
data for the config backend and there is a simple translation
to the other format, so I would suggest sticking with file-based
examples. Occasional pointers to the section describing the
translation process would be useful.

Andrew