Re: Matching rule against IP subnet

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
Emmanuel Dreyfus writes:
As far as I know, it is not possible to match an IP subnet.
For instance, if I have an object like this:
dn: cn=foo,o=example
managedAddr: 192.0.2.0/24

And this kind of thing does not seems available:
ldapsearch 'managedAddr:addressInSubnetMatch:=192.0.2.1'

Remember that even if it were, OpenLDAP does not support indexing for such filters. So each search would have to inspect every IP-subnet entry in scope.

That's another thing which would be quite nice if someone implemented
someday: Indexing for extended filters.  Not me though...

Ugh...

- where do I start to implement it? The thing happen in schema_init.c
and schema_prep.c, but I need to select an OID. How?

OpenLDAP has an experimental OID arc, but I don't know where to see which ones are used.

But I'm not convinced this is useful core functionality, which is why I suggested using your own registry for now.
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com