Re: Dereference Control (Was: How to implement Extended DNs for Samba4?)

Pierangelo Masarati writes:
> - does BER allow to have an empty set/sequence?

> Apparently, I'm unable to set an empty set using ber_printf("[]").

You could look at the OpenLDAP code for RFC 4511's
  PartialAttribute.vals    - can be an empty SET OF AttributeValue.
  SearchRequest.attributes - can be an empty SEQUENCE OF LDAPString.
(No opinion on whether that's better than making it OPTIONAL or
something, I haven't looked at what this is about yet.)