Re: R: Re: R: Enforcing attribute ACL on add operations

Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Howard Chu<hyc@symas.com>  wrote:

I think Emmanuel's patch looks correct, and the corresponding patch needs to
be made for a lot of other backends.

Cool, I can do that. Two other questions:

1) do we want an option to enable this behavior? The change could affect
existing setups that rely on this "feature"

I'm inclined not to have a particular option for this. It's simply plugging a long-standing hole.

2) should modrdn be fixed the same way? Other operations?

I'm not yet convinced. What's the scenario you see here? -- -- Howard Chu CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/ Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/